1997 GT Timberline

clymoj

Retro Newbie
Any ideas how much this is worth?

The handlebars were changed to Renthal motocross bars but I have the original bars still for it.

The pedals were changed to flat pedals and have since been swapped onto a different bike.

The brake blocks were renewed.

Otherwise 100% original including the original tyres!

So how much is it worth, and should I swap the bars back and find some old cage pedals before selling it? Or just put it up as is?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 791
Re:

A guy near me was trying to sell a 98 Timberline for £85 last year - good condition but not all original. It was advertised for months: at least six months before I stopped seeing the adverts on eBay etc. If I were you, I would clean it all up so it gleams and ask for £75 but with an 'offers welcome' clause and see what happens. Realistically, you might have to drop to around £50 for a reasonably quick sale, depending on what the market is like in your local area. If you're in a university town, perhaps wait till the students return next month.

I would put the original bars back on and not worry about the pedals; the Renthal bars I would sell separately.

Lovely, thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought that the bars would have value separately but I suppose they do

Re:

Just noticed that it hasn't got any pedals on at the moment: I would definitely put some on, cheap as chips resin ones would do, just so potential buyers can actually try the bike. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, I'll have a dig around and see if I can find some spares somewhere

I think the overall summary here is this is no interest as an original or collectable bike but is still a decent quality usable ride for someone locally who doesn't want to throw their money away at Halfords

Back