GT Lightning Titanium 1998

Kamata

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I bought this bike through a catalogue back in 1998. It's been well looked after.
I took it into Evans cycles as I wanted to upgrade some bits, but they were adamant I shouldn't really touch it.

They said a bike like this in its current condition would be sought after. So the plan is to sell it and get a new full suspension.
Questions is, does anyone know what sort of money I should be willing to accept for this? I know the frame itself is valuable.
It has no dents, dings as the 'use', has been very moderate. Evans did a silver service on it, so it's ready to go.

https://imgur.com/a/a0ZVC00

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Moved this to the right place for you :)

Re:

Frame is worth decent money. Rest of kit isn’t that great as it’s mostly mid -low spec. Frame I’d guess £300 ish and rest of kit maybe £200.

A VGC Lightning frame sold recently on one of the Facebook sites for £500. They are not as sought after/valuable as the Xizang but are actually rarer. As above rest of the kit may net you a couple of hundred. Indy forks are not that much in demand. Try the full bike at £650/700 see how you get on?

Re: Re:

d8mok":1wcqohqm said:
Did you ever try to sell this? Haven’t seen it come up for sale yet

I was going to put it up for sale, but I've been told to keep it in storage until it's worth something decent.
Definitely not in a hurry to get rid of it, especially under 1000K

Re:

1000K might be a while off lol but if you decide to part with it sooner drop me a pm. It’s mainly the frame I’d want.

Re:

I have a GT Lightning 98 bike, frame in excellent nick. Has not been used for some years, unfortunately just sitting in my garage in the hope that I would be able to ride it again one day. I now have spinal problems and epilepsy due to an accident (the reason for the bike being redundant) and have reluctantly come to the decision to sell. Does anybody have an idea of the approximate value of this rare beauty?

Back