1994 KONA Kilauea 19" - Original Owner!

B-works10

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I could do with a bit of help on what it's worth...?

I picked it up from GA Cycles on 23.7.1994 then sold it as a frame set in '96 to a local fella, then bought it back from him a few years ago and added all the bits I wanted in '94 but couldn't afford! It's a mixture of pure retro and some slightly newer bits to make it work! It's done 159 miles since being rebuilt...

It's not getting ridden and I'm going to start racing again so need to swap this one out...

(£75) '94 19" Kilauea Frame, powder coated with transfers by GillM, should have clear coated over them but didn't get around to it.
(£60) Chris King headset
(£100) Pace RC35 serviced with new crown and long Ahead steerer, new firm elastomers and have a set of unused decals all from Tim at Fork English.
(£60) Royce Ti BB
(£60) Pace RC45 Stem
(£40) X-Lite Ti Handlebar (decals have pretty much work off)
(£50) XTR M950 8 Speed STI
(£50) XTR 960 V-brakes (no play)
(£20) XTR 900 Front Mech
(£40) XTR 952 Rear Mech
(£30) XTR M900 Cassette
(£100) Middleburn RS3 (I think) with Middleburn rings and Alu Bolts
(£20) PD525 SPD pedals (DX level if I remember right)
X-Lite Alu Crank Bolts & Ti Seat Bolt (will go with frame and Chaiset)
(£30) Thompson Seatpost
(£40) Flite Ti Saddle (new repro)
(£20) RINGLE Bottle cage
(£220) Chris King Hubs (early Disk hubs) Sapim Spokes, Alu Nipples, Mavic XC 717 rims, these were used hubs with new rims and spokes.
(£20) HOPE Stainless QRs
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Tyres (will go with wheels)

It's all in good used condition, ready to ride all solid & smooth with no play, I'm thinking I'll be better off splitting so have put estimates in brackets.

What do you reckon? Also to save loads of faffing, what value for the bike as a whole?

Link to photos -
https://flickr.com/photos/46539696@N08/ ... 3605360565

Thanks for looking.

Generally, when a frame is re-sprayed (Klein's apart by Jonrock, etc.) the value will decrease and you restrict the number of potential buyers. Originality in this hobby / niche is champ.

And the golden rule is nine times out of ten, the sum is not equal to the parts.

So if you want maximum return, you'll need to split. As a whole, anything around the £200-350 mark. It really depends on what direction the wind is blowing and whether you find someone who falls in love with her.

Mega spec and great looking bike!
As stated correctly by Al, originality is king in terms of value, if you want maximum return splitting it is your only option. GLWS

Back