Cannondale 1991 SM700 or SM800 (?????) what is it worth?

StevieBob

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

So I bought this cannondale May last year. I really really like the looks with the lime splashes on it. So I identified it as being a 1991 SM700, am I correct?

It is almost completely original. Only the rear rim and the handlebars are not. Parts, fork (Ritchey), seatpost with pump, seat, stem with lizzard and all the Deore LX and DX parts. Frame is in really good condition, but has a chip here and there as it has been ridden by the previous owner.

I do like the looks so much, but I havent really rode it at all and I just have it standing in the bike room for me to look at it.

Now I am very curious what you guys think it is worth? It is a pretty rare bike. Also what would be a good price for just the frame, seatpost, seat, stem as a package? This so I can sell it here and/or on Ebay and ship it over Europe.

Now the pics :)

360.jpg

360.jpg

360.jpg

Traced the year back to it being a 1990! Despite the Cannondale logo on the sloping tube. Still don't know whether this would be a SM800 or a SM700.

Edit: Because it has the seatpost pump, I think it is a SM700. The "competition series" decal on the top tube and the lack of type numbering also suggests a 1990 version. Just the "Cannondale" decal on the sloping tube seems odd.

mkone":3g87pxig said:

Have been looking there now and went through all the 1990 and 1991 brochures. That is why I reduced it to it being a 1990 SM700, with the "Cannondale" decal on the wrong tube. Reasons why a SM700 is because mine has the seatpost pump, the SM800 did not. That was the only difference I could find between the two.

1990 because of the framenumber and the "competition series 3.0" decal on toptube and no model id. 1991 has the model name on the toptube.

Also posted on the Cannondale forum you mentioned. But thank you anyway!

Still want to know what the value would be.

Back