93-95 Kona Hei Hei with P2 ti fork

Re:

Hen's teeth dipped in unicorn tears! It's not worth asking to join the queue... But I will anyway.

A serial number would be very helpful here. I can't make it out in the photo's.

It looks like a 94, I'm just a bit unsure because of the hens tooth Ti P2 which is sporting some older P2 decals. I'm guessing because they were so few bought and used, that they had been hiding somewhere in a store room for a few years!

It then begs the question: if you chose the Ti P2's, did you chose the Ti bars and velocity stem combo? If so, have you still got them?

What I'm getting at is, for maximum profit, splitting is the way. BUT it would be a real shame to break the Ti set - that's where the money is (as others have said, the price for a Ti P2 is anyone's guess although I don't think it would command the sort of prices we'd estimate from a few years ago). The rest of the kit is by the by. Giving it a proper good clean and polish (don't remove the decals) with some proper pictures will significantly increase the chances of a sale and the price you obtain.

I am 99% certain there will be no need to split the frame from the fork for a sale. I would assume the buyer will pay full split price for the frame just to secure the fork. And then sell it on if they didn't actually want it. It looks like a bonty ti bar to me too.

The rest of the bike can get launched on eBay.

Re:

Maybe after all this interest, the owner may actually want to keep hold of it now, realizing it's worth. I know I would!
Just a thought.

Mike

Thanks all for your help. Looks like there is a good market. I will be giving the bike a good cleaning and then strip it down to post on ebay. I will be sure to pass on the auction link when it goes up.

Thanks
Will

Good plan Will,
its the only sure way to find the true value is an auction if your willing to take the hit on the fees. Plus it will be picked up by the german and other big markets. Just make sure you get a good box for it and price the postage correctly to insure it for a proper value.

you can clean the frame up with somthing like these. As others have said just dont go near the stickers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-Hand-Sandi ... 43cca885de

All the best

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks all for your feedback. I have finally slapped together some pictures and put it up on Ebay. Sorry I attacked this project with the enthusiasm that one directs towards cleaning the basement. Anyways, here is the link to the Ebay auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152599471758?ss ... 1555.l2649

Best,
Will

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I just spoke to UPS, and they estimated the shipping at $750 to the UK, and $1000 to Australia. Those were the only countries that people have inquired about so far. Sorry it looks like shipping out of the US will be too expensive.

For some reason I am having trouble replying to private messages. I am not sure they are getting sent, but are staying in my outbox. Sorry to those looking for a reply.

They stay in your outbox until they are read by the person you sent it to.
Messages in your outbox just means they haven't read the message yet.

Back