The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. New here but the chap in my local bike shop told me to check you out. I've had a white/red/black Rockhopper Comp FSR sitting in storage from about a month after I bought it in May 2000. In all honesty i've probably sat on it about 10 times, and it's never seen a trail in its life. Recently had it in to the bike shop for a service as the kids are at an age where they want me to cycle with them. The guys in the shop told me it was a classic and they had never seen one in such good condition, and that there was a market for it out there, but couldn't give me a specific price. I've had a look across a variety of sites, but i'm not really getting any consistency, so I'm trying to establish value. It's got a couple of minor scuffs on it, which are from where i've banged furniture etc into it through time, but apart from that it's immaculate. I could happily use it, but if there is someone out there who is more passionate about this particular vintage then I'd rather it went to someone who appreciates it more.

I've posted a photo in bikes for sale, but retroguru has told me to post here to get an idea of value. Any clues? Can post more close-ups of deore xt chainset/suspension etc if that helps? cheers.

Re:

1996 Marzocchi Z2 Bam 'bombers' forks.
I guess the forks are worth about £80 but I also have soft springs, bushing/seal/wiper kit and the manual which I thought might add a bit of value?

HzGFJO0l.jpg

Hello. I've got a BSA Shopper in good condition from 1983 that needs a new home. How much is it worth/how much should I charge? TIA

Attachments

• bsa 2.jpg
    bsa 2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 4,101
  • bsa.jpg
    bsa.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 4,101
  • bsa1.jpg
    bsa1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 4,101
  • bsa3.jpg
    bsa3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 4,101
Hi

Need advice please, I have a specialized bike frame bought from 1992, untouched, unused, and in an immaculate condition. I will no longer need this so want to sell but no idea as to how much it is still worth.

Re: AMP research forks.

Right... I've got a set of AMP research forks, ok.. I've actually got two sets, one is fully assembled with 1 1/8" steerer and the other set is disassembled with a 1" steerer, ideally id like to sell them as a set/job lot of which you can either make two sets, or use one as spares.. whatever floats your boat :)

I'm after a rough 'what's it worth' price, much appreciated

I believe they're the MK1's

Hi
Any help on what price to ask for;
X-lite red fly stem 95mm 25.4 clamp
X-lite xc bars 25.4mm dia, goldy bronze
Ritchey vector saddle - ok condition but not great
Ritchey hard drive and mega byte tyres
Hope mini mono brakes and levers, black and gold
Kona race lite flat bars

Just about to start a new project and selling these bits will hopefully help fund it
Can't upload pics at min as iPhone ones are to big and can't resize them

Unknown rims Anyone know?
Suntour XC Rear hub
Suntour AP 6 speed cassette

Unknown front hub? Sticker fallen off? Nukeproof?
Unknown rim (same as back)

Price for the wheel set please!

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,890
  • Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 3,890
Re:

To anybody that bothers to read before posting and would like to have a chance of getting more replies or show off your items you don't wish to price.

This is not a thread, it was never meant to have any replies for valuations.

It was a post to point out that John (the owner/admin that made the topic) had created a complete forum section for it.
Hence create individual posts!

Just follow this link and you'll find it ;-)
viewforum.php?f=78
clue it's the same place this is the sticked thread.

And the reason for a whole forum section was so each post could be seen and replied to without getting run off the page when there are a few posts asking how much and there is chatting between them and it all got confusing and people complain nobody replied to their request.

Please do not post here, click on here to go to where you should be and start a new topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back