Fair asking price for my Marin Team FRS?

henristig

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I picked up this "work-in-progress" Marin Team FRS about a month ago in an excited impulse as I got it for next to nothing. I thought I would restore it over the winter but I'm slowly coming to the realization that that won't happen due to a lack of funds/interest in the bike :facepalm: I know these don't come up very often and just now one sold on ebay for a silly amount, so I'm guessing they have sort of a fanbase out there. Thus, what would you consider to be a fair asking price for it here on RB?

I've gone over the frame and it appears to be a -94 or a -95. It's crack free with just a few light scratches that will polish out easily. Both the front and rear suspension is shot and will require new elastomers, and there are marks on the stanchions both front and rear. The XT group on it looks to be in nice shape except for the rear shifter which looks battered but still works. It has a completely mutilated headset installed so that will require replacing, and one would need to source the correct stem to replace that god awful thing that's on it at the moment. It also needs new cables all around and a good thorough service to check all the bearings etc. but otherwise I think it has loads of potential to look nice again! :D

EDIT: It's a 20.5'' frame according to the Marin catalogue as the C-T is 54cm.

The link to more detailed pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a2y6dywlfpe1 ... A0L3a?dl=0

gErZLiL.jpg

Re:

I'd say a fair price would probably be £200 + postage if you got it for next to nothing. Other option is just to stick it on ebay and let the market decide.

Back