open to suggestions on fork issues

xtorange

Retro Newbie
Hello, I am a long-time biker but new to here. Though tis looking like i could get quite comfy lurking around this forum :cool: .

Anyhows; what i have got:
a) brand new still in box Indy SLs, BUT 1 1/4" aheadset
b) 1" aheadset steerer tube
c) 1" Mag30s fitted to my C16r (alu aheadset crown)
d) local bike shop has a used Cannondale M500 (i think) frameset crying out for an 1 1/4"aheadset.
Soooooo,
I am open to suggestions as to what to do with all this. Of course, I would like to butcher the Indys to fit to my C16, but if only I could get an 1 1/4" bearing and stem then I could play with the Cdale.
Over to you. :p

1-1/4" headset and stems shouldn't be too hard to get hold of so buy the dale if it's Retro enough.

Doubt you can butcher the INDY SL's to get a 1" steerer in there.

Sell the 1" steerer to me depending on how long it is as I have a mate looking for one <whisltes>. Sure they're not MAG10's or 21's ? MAG30's seems a little old for a C16R.

oh and get some pics up as we like pics :D

:cool: Typical, i get replies to my post on the very day that a fitter at my work does the machining to fit the 1" tube to the Indy SL's!!!!!!!!

Mag 30's were original to a 92 Raleigh. So when that frame got trashed, all bits (Lx) were easily transferred to my C16r frameset bought new in Jan 96.

So my original 1" crown/steerer is in fact from quadra's, hence the alu crown. This might be available for cash once the SL's are up n running. Shall measure tube if requested.

Cannondale in local shop is a M500 with a pepperoni rigid fork. Open to offers if, as I say, anyone can get hold of a 1,1/4" headset and stem.

We don't do offers (rules) and er if the mods see it they may get upset, may not of course.

For your wanted, just post in the wanted area.
When you come to sell place it on ebay if you have no idea of value and want offers above 99p or if you have an idea of how much you want then post in the for sale section.

got em fitted at last

hello,
finally had the 1"steerer pressed inside the 1,1/4" alu steerer. Tight enough fit to not need pinning :) pics 024 and 037

My son kept himself occupied by making the 'Indy' car out of the forks box :) pic044

pic031, In place on bike :cool: 1st quick ride revealed they are nice n stiff - no bobbing! And quiet, after air/oil mag's.....

looks like 1" quadra crown/stem could be for sale, 205mmtube.

Attachments

• Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Image031.jpg
    Image031.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,061
and continuing

pic 044 here. (new to this picture posting lark)

Attachments

• Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,057
Back