RS-1

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Acquired a NOS Rock Shox RS-1. It was already laying at local bikeshop for 15 years. It still had the pricetag saying 950 guilders attached :LOL: They also did lower the price to Fl 395 once, as that sticker was also present. The guilder was a mean to pay overhere somewhere in dark ages.

Now it is mine and it seems the piece is in good order. I was wondering only one thing: When looking closely one can see the front of the fork looks about 1 or 2 shades lighter than the back. The back is black, were the front is more greyish. It is the same for lowers and crown. Anybody knows whether it was a standard feature or is the color faded by UV? UV didn't fade the decals, as those are still bright and okay.

Anyway it doesn't look bad at all. Unfortunately no pics yet

Now it is only to find a blue/white '90 RidgeRunner....

Melvin

Melvin.

good find. Did you pay in guilders for the fork ;)

Both pairs of my RS1s are an even black front and rear. I suggest you put the back of the fork in the sun until 2020.

rutteger":3eyts0fm said:
Melvin.

good find. Did you pay in guilders for the fork ;)

Both pairs of my RS1s are an even black front and rear. I suggest you put the back of the fork in the sun until 2020.

:LOL:

Thanks

Spaking of fork , I have just scored a JUdY XC , the year must be 1996 .
It still has the canti bracket and no disc mount .

It has elastomeres and a cartirdge inside .

Has anybody got a long allen key I could borrow for a few weeks to take it appart and a manual or info on it .

cheers

No tools or a manual, but a tip: Consider opting for Englund TotalAir when the internals are gone.

TotalAir

Mel

cchris2lou":10l37721 said:
Spaking of fork , I have just scored a JUdY XC , the year must be 1996 .Has anybody got a long allen key I could borrow for a few weeks to take it appart and a manual or info on it .
cheers
Shouldn't need a long allen key, iirc to remove the lowers undo the allen bolts on the bottom the the fork a few turns then tap with a hammer until the damping cartridge frees up (the allen bolts should suddenly move to be flush with the fork leg). Then undo the bolts completely and remove and the fork lowers should slide off.
Clean lube and reassemble.
Steve.

Cheers,
that is what I have just done .

They are in such a bad condition that I had to use a big hammer !!!!

The grease is all dried and there is mud as well .It was like glue .

What do you expect for £5 ?

all done now , ready to be cleaned and painted .

Thanks a lot .

rs1ac.jpg

rs2660.jpg

rs3660.jpg

rs4660.jpg

Hi RS-1 experts!

I read the above review. It is speaking of Schraeder valves, but my RS-1 doesn't have them (see pic). I was wondering whether I am missing crucial parts or not :?:

There is air in the fork, it isn't open.

Thanks!

rs4720.jpg

Back