Orange C16 in its natural environment..

malvernman

Old School Hero
Racing mid ish 90's style... no suspension, no disc brakes and no nonsense, just pure skill :D
5xk3dg.jpg

Astley, Sport class race I think. Orange C16 ... my brother has the frame now, I have just found the thumby levers.... whhhoooooohooooooooo

:cool: Nice. What happened to the race number? I do like the front fork. Purple levers, Blue qr that's the 90's

we always handed the numbers back.. I don't know about the levers but I have the skewers in my tt bike at the moment :)
I think I saw the bar ends the other day in the shed..

My brother has the frame.... I might swap it for my Stump Jumper sometime.. I don't think he is going to use it. It would be nice to have it back.
The bars ends were just some I got from the bike shop in town, don't know what make they are.

i just sold the c16r i had to sithlord(who has blinged it to the max! :cool: ) they ride great, just the right amount of flexiness in the frame and fork, my p7 build isn't far from finished now and will ride very similar so i can't wait for that. my 93 clockwork has the f7 fork in it aswel and that rides lovely.

as tintin says though, blue and purple ano, very 90's! :cool:

as far as swapping it for a stumpy, i can understand that. memories is one reason but also they are both mass produced frames but lets face it, there will always be fewer c16r's than stumpy frames. fewer i think is cooler :cool:

yeh ... old times sake. I did a lot of mud miles on the Orange, and lots of reasonably successful racing believe it or not :)

My brother had a Stump Jumper and is sort of interested in swapping. He destroyed his by doing a big drop off and snapping both chainstays at the same time :shock: he was always a clumsy so and so :LOL: and a bit porkly as well :LOL:

Latest posts

Back