AC cranks 'AC2'

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I got these and i wondered if anyone knows much about AC.the have 'forged in USA' and 'AC2' on the back of them
I know AC used to make nice DH cranks BITD,but i dont know anything other .Are they any good? with no hidden faults like crazed cracking or the like :?
I've been after a decent set of forged cranks for ages and was looking for something like a raceface,but then these popped up and i thought id give them a go. :D

I was thinking of losing the 46T outer which is a shame cos its truly beautiful :cool: and fitting something around 37-40T for a 1x9 set up.
As the ano is pretty badly rubbed,i reckon id be better off just stripping it all off[except the spider] and polishing then up,maybe try caustic soda etching for the logo later on.A pity about that too,i quite like the black

Came with x-lite crank bolts,which is some consolation :D

Attachments

• Dont see this too often ) 016 (Large).jpg
    Dont see this too often ) 016 (Large).jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,932
are those the ones that take a M950 style XTR splined BB?

if they are then I had some years ago, nice cranks, like the XTR ones, but they dont say shimano on them :)

well i take it all back then!

never seen them before, but they do look remarkably similar to the ones they did that fitted the splined BB...wonder if they did them in SQT and SPL versions...

anyhoo, my experience with AC kit is that it gernally is very very good.

I got 13 years out of a pair of their hubs (daily use on commuter) before the freehub finally gave up and the flange on the front hub cracked.

Would be a shame to take the black off but i bet they'll look nice if you polished them up...

Hello!

I've got this crank on my 2000 Orange Mr O, except its red not black. It's taken some hammer and still going strong.

I have a red RH if you're interested, came on GT's and Giants back in the early 2000's - mine have seen some serious aggro and always came back for more - helped by the beefy ring

Not sure they will do a 3X front though......

Back