hope hub help

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
can anyone tell from this pic, if these hope hubs can be converted to 20mm?

wheels are at my parents so i dont know if im going to need a new wheel/hub to deal with a 200mm axle for the dh beast.

07112009145-1.jpg

I think they can....look like a 6 bolt bulb. if you take out the skewer you should see an allen key fitting in one end . clamp the other end and use an allen key to unscrew it. Then you need a 20mm kit from ebay/crc.

saltyman":3imnuu68 said:
took the skewer out earlier and i can see straight through, no allen bolt in sight :(

Not an allen bolt as such but the through hole should be hexagonal at the ends, allowing you to stick a allen key in.

If not I guess its a different hub, may still be convertable to 20mm, but not in necessarily in the same way as the bulb.

its just looks smooth all the way through mate.

will let my mate take a look tomorrow, see what he thinks.

i think what he meant was the hollow axle will have a hexagonal shape inside it, allowing you to fit an allen key to unscrew it, drop Hope an e-mail with a decent pic of the hub, I believe they are quite helpful ;)
Or scour their website

G

turnd out mine cant be converted. LBS had a look.

so plan B is to buy a wheel already converted to 20mm........sorted for that.

I have one of these.I havent tried to strip it but on other similar spacer arrangements its the disc side spacer that pops off.Its pretty tight so a pair ogf mole grips with fabric elastoplast on the jaws should pull it off.

thats either Hope Sport or an early Hope XC, hard to tell from the Pic but neither can be converted to 20mm.

Bulb, Big-un or Pro2 are the only Hope front hubs you cna swap around between QR and bolt through.

Latest posts

Back