'92 N*O*S SCOTT UNISHOCK suspension fork

skolioza

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It's 2'nd version of Unishock fork with new breake booster, alu brake bolts and screws It's new, never mounted on a bike - maybe someday I'll find some good frame for it :)
champion.jpg

choice.jpg

IMG_0374.JPG

more pics here
http://retromtb.pl/galerie/sprzet/unishock.htm

I love these forks – got a pair of original Mk1s (came fitted as standard to my Rocky Mountain Team Comp) that escaped the recall, cause I didn't know there was one. They're fairly trashed now after years of abuse.

I've also got a pair of the Carbon LF World Cups that look to be in really good nick too. Will probably end up on the Rocky at some point.

Unishocks really deserve a quality early 90s steel frame

Clark Kent

Crayons":6re1h8bx said:
I love these forks – got a pair of original Mk1s (came fitted as standard to my Rocky Mountain Team Comp) that escaped the recall, cause I didn't know there was one. They're fairly trashed now after years of abuse.

I've also got a pair of the Carbon LF World Cups that look to be in really good nick too. Will probably end up on the Rocky at some point.

Unishocks really deserve a quality early 90s steel frame

Ive got the perfect frame to hang thse on fella ;)

A 93 Clark kent Steel frame :idea:

Crayons":k8xsbrrz said:
I've also got a pair of the Carbon LF World Cups that look to be in really good nick too.
Do You know weight of Your fork?
Mine is 1330g (with steel springs and the longest steerer tube), Yours should be lighter (carbon lower legs and elastomers)

BTW I've also destroyed '91 version Bigest difference between 92 is breake booster -it's ordinary U-shaped, steel rod..
unishock2.jpg

Yes, You're right But next time I'll do it differently - I'll remove whole lacker, and then I'll paint Next I'll attach very thin stickers, and paint all clear lacker (now frame has oryginal decals, and if You have Yours eyes very close, You could see differences in the gloss - old lacker is much more matt)

I had some of these in 1992/3 - looked cool as, but terrible, terrible forks! :LOL: Not stiff, undamped springs, and they filled up with water every time it rained.

Really wish I hadn't sold them though!

Yes, Unishocks are not perfect.... but I like this one - it's new, looking good and if I find a plece for him it'll not work very hard :LOL:

I own a 1992 Scott Unishock TX in 700C.

While working at a bike shop, a sales rep brought it in and I bought it.

At the time the only other 700C shock was the Rockshox Paris-Roubaix, which was impossible to find.

Anyone have any info on this fork?

Never seen another like it.

Back