What have you lost by being completely stupid

adk

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, just following on from the "what have you sold and then wished you hadn't" thread. How about losing something bike based through being a complete muppet?

Back in 1995 I bought a lovely Orange Clockwork frameset and built it up using really nice components that I'd hunted down from here, there and everywhere. Just after it was finished I went out on it one night to visit a mate of mine, didn't intend to but got completely hammered. Next morning woke up to find I had a big ole bump on my head, went to get bike out of shed and it wasn there! Mustve fell off somewhere on the way home and god knows what happened after that but I had "lost" my pride and joy somewhere along the way. Retraced what I thought might be any number of routes I could've took home and never found it. :-( Somewhere in Cambridge there could be a Clockwork that's been hidden away in a bush for 14 years as it seemed a good idea at the time!

Anyone else done something daft that has ended up being expensive?

Sorry I shouldn't laugh, but :LOL: That's crazy, losing a bike on the way home!

I thought I was bad losing a pair of brand new Arnette sunglasses the day after buying them because I fell in the hedge on the way home from a mate's boozy barbeque!

does loseing your verginity drunk count? lol

going to look around cambridge now for orange bike in shed! LOL. :D

I often thought that it might've ended up in the river! Somewhere along the bit between the Victoria Avenue and Elizabeth Way bridges. That would be the way I should've gone home unless I was so caned I went somewhere else.
If you find it can I have the bar ends? ;-)

Locked my Muddy Fox up by putting the lock round the site pin. Didn't take long before it was gone. What a gift. But they let the lock behind

tintin40":51zt13ct said:
Locked my Muddy Fox up by putting the lock round the site pin. Didn't take long before it was gone. What a gift. But they let the lock behind

I think that answers the question in your sig ;)

i just lost my needle bearings for my headset just as i was going to fit new forks, damn! i cant find them! always remember where you put these things!

adk":1i4k46bj said:
Hi all, just following on from the "what have you sold and then wished you hadn't" thread. How about losing something bike based through being a complete muppet?

Back in 1995 I bought a lovely Orange Clockwork frameset and built it up using really nice components that I'd hunted down from here, there and everywhere. Just after it was finished I went out on it one night to visit a mate of mine, didn't intend to but got completely hammered. Next morning woke up to find I had a big ole bump on my head, went to get bike out of shed and it wasn there! Mustve fell off somewhere on the way home and god knows what happened after that but I had "lost" my pride and joy somewhere along the way. Retraced what I thought might be any number of routes I could've took home and never found it. :-( Somewhere in Cambridge there could be a Clockwork that's been hidden away in a bush for 14 years as it seemed a good idea at the time!

Anyone else done something daft that has ended up being expensive?

:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry, shouldn't laugh but that is funny!

cyfa2809":1voftcj2 said:
i just lost my needle bearings for my headset just as i was going to fit new forks, damn! i cant find them! always remember where you put these things!

if they are similar to onza mongo bearings i have 2 sets you can have for nowt!

Back