What model forks are these?

t1nt1n

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anyone know what these forks are? They say Marzocchi Dirt One on them. I know they are Marzocchi's but I'm unsure of the model and year.

Sorry it's a rubbish photo.

Attachments

• Marzocchi Forks.jpg
    Marzocchi Forks.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,009
um if they say dirt one then i would guess them being dirt jumper ones maybe 2003? or z1s fom the same year? how much travel do they have?

not dirt jumpers, the crown is wrong, and going by that alone, i would say either an mx comp or mx pro. Though they only had QR dropouts... hmm. Is there not a sticker at the bottom of the back of the right leg that says what they are? i overlooked that when i was trying to figure out what my old marzocchis were.

EDIT: so either an '03 or '04 marzocchi mx comp or mx pro, but judging by the droputs more likely an '04 z1 wedge, though they supposedlyhad QR dropouts, but those are only the aftermarket forks, these may well have come from a complete build. This is all from a quick look at the marzocchi site

If they're 130mm travel, it's a Z1.

cyfa2809":142xmuoa said:
um if they say dirt one then i would guess them being dirt jumper ones maybe 2003? or z1s fom the same year? how much travel do they have?

Lol, I know it's the obvious answer but I can't see the same design on the Marzocchi site? The bottom sticker says Dirt One. Travel is 120mm (135mm showing). I'll take a couple more pictures.

sam264":2pn0tavy said:
not dirt jumpers, the crown is wrong, and going by that alone, i would say either an mx comp or mx pro. Though they only had QR dropouts... hmm. Is there not a sticker at the bottom of the back of the right leg that says what they are? i overlooked that when i was trying to figure out what my old marzocchis were.

EDIT: so either an '03 or '04 marzocchi mx comp or mx pro, but judging by the droputs more likely an '04 z1 wedge, though they supposedlyhad QR dropouts, but those are only the aftermarket forks, these may well have come from a complete build. This is all from a quick look at the marzocchi site

If they're 130mm travel, it's a Z1.

Crown is wrong, that's true. Maybe they are 130mm travel. More pics to follow.

Piccies

Attachments

• Marzocchi Forks Sticker.jpg
    Marzocchi Forks Sticker.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,915
  • Marzocchi Forks Dropouts.jpg
    Marzocchi Forks Dropouts.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,915
  • Marzocchi Forks Crown.jpg
    Marzocchi Forks Crown.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,915
hmm, it says dirt jumper but i've never ever ever seen a dirt jumper with a crown like that, and i'm pretty sure the stanchions and lowers were chunkier too. Based on the crown and dropouts i'm still inclined to say z1

Here's the 2003 z1 wedge with the same dropouts:

2003-marzocchi-z1_wedge_qr20-1104488136.jpg

and the year after had the same crown as yours, so i'm 99% sure that's what they are

hmm you could be right, the crown like yours didn't come until 2003 though i think and at that point they weren't on the dirt jumpers

sam264":jtlzcg02 said:
hmm you could be right, the crown like yours didn't come until 2003 though i think and at that point they weren't on the dirt jumpers

My god, it's a Frankenstein's monster! That must be the gurgling noise on rebound I can hear, either that or they need a service :cool:

Either way I'm going to sell them. 130mm is frankly waaaay too much front movement for me :D

Latest posts

Back