Is it just me? or am i a bit MAD...

s73

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Background - I have recently (about a year ago) got back into MTB mainly for fitness as I'm getting on a bit now - (35). I used to work in a MTB shop years ago but now have a proper job. I have built up a couple of bikes for commuting and having fun on. I have a fair amount of old bits laying around some of which I'm selling in another post.

The problem being is that I have a set of Precision Billet Proshift brake levers. These are beautiful levers and I cant seem to muster up any sort of ruthless feelings to sell them on. I have been in a quandary for the last 6 months what to do with these.

I cant sell them - the're too nice (well, everyone has their price but no one will pay what it would take me to part with them)

I bought a Gary Fisher (cant remember what frame it was now but it was cheap a ally frame) - started to build it up and decided that the levers were too good for it so took them off.

I tried to build a bike around them but having looked for a frame on the bay for ages I eventually found a Kona Hei-hei which went for about 700 and something pounds and at the time (I couldn't justify paying it) and ended up buying a new On-one Ti frame with no canti bosses for about £100 more... great bike but still stuck with these levers

I have a newish set of XTR V-brakes which I'm planning to use them with them

The only half idea I have is to build the Missus another bike with them on. She wont appreciate them but at least they will get used and Ill get that warm feeling when I clean her bike.

So to my question - Why am I so attached to / obsessed about these levers?

Does anyone else have these obsessive tendencies towards a small lump of metal? Has anyone got any therapy ideas? I need help... A bit of me wants to be set free of these levers and tempted to just post them down the drain to be done with them. Or even cut them in half :?

HELP ME - B4 I do something i regret

IMG_1230.JPG

there is no shame about building up a complete bike around one small component. I've done it :D May even just be a rear mech, or a set of cranks. Go find a frame that deserves said item and off you go :D

well they are nice levers. And if they give you pleasure then why not. A nice frame will complement them :D
Remember to ride the completed machine and up date us all with pictures :D

Back