AMP D-1 Lost But Not Forgotten

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I dont know too much about these but digging around at my shop I found a NIB AMP D-1 hydraulic front disc caliper, rotor and hub. The rotor is riveted to a spider that gets bolted to the specially machined hub. The rivets seem to be loose but I'm told that its supposed to be like that and called the free floating rotor (but I've never heard of it).

Attachments

• PA230060.JPG
    PA230060.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • PA230061.JPG
    PA230061.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,106
  • PA230062.JPG
    PA230062.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,106
  • PA230063.JPG
    PA230063.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,106
AMP D-1 Lost But Not Forgotten...

As your kit/set-up predates mine by 2000 units produced, I seem to recall the original set-up advertising the floating disc, (mine is one piece) which may have helped with the drag on the the pads/calipers. Hope that helps!

I just picked up a complete B4 off Ebay and the D1 front and rear set that came on it is the one piece rotor version. Also this early one #D288 the actual braking surface is all solid where the later ones off the complete #D4975 are cut out much like the modern avid rotors check out the post and pics

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

FYI that whole bike will soon be on the chopping block. I really bought it to ride the D1s for a few days and see how the bike felt. Now as I've done that it'll have to go... I really don't have room or energy for another bike project. Check back for further details on the sale.

Back