Can you help ID some forks?

kd498

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
IMGP1369.jpg

Ok, I know the approximate genre of these, but not found anything that hits the nail on the head as far as an exact match.
Its the additional fixing for the steerer tube that throws things.
A copy, or have i just missed something....

May also be interested in off-loading them.

IMGP1367.jpg

Deffo tange switchblades, never seen that heart thing before though, usually just a small bobble !

got a picture of the dropouts at all , they look different too.

dropout.jpg

The offending dropouts.
I have a vague idea they have been recoated. Not that that affects the manufacturer...

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :?: :?: :?:

mudguard eyes.................thats a new one - but it also has the bolt on the crown for the top of the mudguard too , the dropouts don't look like the tange forks I have either.

Might well be a tange variant ? , did the Bonty ones have MG mounts like these anyone know :?: :?:

:idea: I bet they're custom built fork legs by some road bike builder for a 26" wheel touring frame.

My thoughts now turn to the recoating.
Chances someone removed the original dropouts to replace them for a tourer setup?
At the same time they changed/removed the steerer, but did a not so great job and had to fix it in with an additional securing bolt?

Starting to sound like a bit of an odd-ball.
Guess i'll put it back on the shelf now. Too heavy for my builds.

Thanks everyone,
But if you have more ideas, don't hold back

The extra bolt goes with the mudguard holes on the dropouts, it's for fixing the mudguard on at the crown - looks very much like a tange to me too!

Latest posts

Back