CANNONDALE OMEGA LIMITED EDITION

_G_

Retro Newbie
Hi every folks...

i'm just getting this frame with ( some ) parts.

CannondaleOmega.jpg

It looks like an early 90's M2000 frame.
You've have a 12 of 115 limited edition stickers on the left base.

It has Grafton brake w/ Ritchey Logic levers
Cook Bros Racing Cranks
Mavic Headset
A Tioga Trip Butted Handlebar DL2000
A XT short rear shifter
A XTR front shifter ( later added i think )
And wolber rims with deore LX hubs.

I'm looking to any informations about this series, and about the original parts.
And exact size of some parts would fit for this frame as :

the chainrings size need for the Cook Bros Cranks
the bootom bracket size

thanks to read this and for your help.

Congrats to share this forum :!:

Nice and very rare catch man!
The Omegas were made only in 1991. There were 2 models: SE Omega (rear suspension with a Girvin Flexstem) and SM Omega (3.0 Series).

Omega was a limited model (like your's says, 115 only) and they were the top-of-the-line models in 1991. For the normal hardtails, there were 2 models above the SM2000, the 1MB with Campagnolo parts (not sold in USA) and SM Omega. There were no photos of SM Omega in the 1991 European catalogue, only specs. But the SE Omega was pictured.

Omegas had SunTour XC Pro drivetrain, hubs and brakes, Ritchey brake levers, Cook Bros. R-S-R cranks, Ringle skewers, Mavic 305 headset and Hyperlite bar.

Hope this helps!

dont know much about the omega

thought it would have been earlier, about 89/90 that there were omegas built by cd
I can remember a yellow one on the face of an old german "BIKE" magazine about this time.

in all the magazines bikes were just announced by frameset and gruppo, the omega was announced with "just the best!" - nothing else and no more comment needed.
grafton, cook,..... everything cool and expensive

congratulations for this bit, have fun building it.

Cool, I've been proven wrong here! So, the yellow Omega in 1993 catalogue is 1990 model. And _G_ has 1991 model...

Back