* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

jonrock wrote:
Neons are the way to go buddy!
J

I picked up an 85 Fat Chance that needs a little workm including a repain. I was thinking of getting it done with a black, topped with splotches of neon hot pink, blue, and yellowishgreenfadetororange.

Now to find the right person to complete this vision...wish I could hardwire my mind to a monitor, so someone could see exactly what I could see...or at least have the skill and artmanship to do it myself :D

Sadly, I don't have either of those :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Send frame and combo to Groovy. Sorted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

CTK wrote:
Send frame and combo to Groovy. Sorted!

That seems to be the concensus.

Would you happen to know the best way to contact Rodney? He's on the VRC, fatcogs, and here...then he has his site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 am 
Old School Grand Master

http://groovycycleworks.com/contactus.aspx

BTW what forks does the Fat Chance have? I think the bar stem combo will look fantastic on a Fat.

EDIT: 2 year waiting list on restorations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
I picked up an 85 Fat Chance that needs a little workm including a repain. I was thinking of getting it done with a black, topped with splotches of neon hot pink, blue, and yellowishgreenfadetororange.

Is that the brown one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Is that the brown one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

CTK wrote:
http://groovycycleworks.com/contactus.aspx

BTW what forks does the Fat Chance have? I think the bar stem combo will look fantastic on a Fat.

EDIT: 2 year waiting list on restorations!

thanks, there's a 83 fat on firstflight with the hammerhead on it...was looking around and found it there.

guess this will be a long term project if I go that route, hmmmm.

kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Is that the brown one?

Yes! How did you know? Doug Carter sold it to a good guy from vrc/fatcogs, who then traded it to me for my Team Comp disguised as a wicked lite. It wasn't a straight up trade, some cool parts were thrown in with it. The Team Comp was way too big for me; this one fits just right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Is that the brown one?

Yes! How did you know? Doug Carter sold it to a good guy from vrc/fatcogs, who then traded it to me for my Team Comp disguised as a wicked lite. It wasn't a straight up trade, some cool parts were thrown in with it. The Team Comp was way too big for me; this one fits just right.

Cool, will look out for a progress report :D I'd been browsing about the site and having been quite smitten with DrS's 87 so noticed the 85 for sale, stab in the dark guess that theres not too many changing hands and I knew you posted there......elementry really :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:06 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

As an aside, I reckon I would look for a period correct bike be it polished ally or ti or single colour steel and have custom panel graphics that mimicked the bars 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Is that the brown one?

Cool, will look out for a progress report :D I'd been browsing about the site and having been quite smitten with DrS's 87 so noticed the 85 for sale, stab in the dark guess that theres not too many changing hands and I knew you posted there......elementry really :D

Yes...come to think of it, I guess it is elementry being that the retro mountain bike world is such a small one.

kaiser wrote:
As an aside, I reckon I would look for a period correct bike be it polished ally or ti or single colour steel and have custom panel graphics that mimicked the bars 8)

I'm in the process of selling off all my aluminum, so no polished alloy. The ti bike will come down the road some.

The steel with the custom panel graphics sounds interesting...do you have an example?