Long lost Avid levers resurface

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just found this set of red V-chip Brake levers at the bottom of a part pile in my shop. Paydirt! They're spanking new in the box (cut the tape to see what they were) and perfect for the build I'm working on right now. Just had to post them on here to share my new found wealth. Anyone know what year these are from?

Attachments

• avid levers close up v chip.JPG
    avid levers close up v chip.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,430
  • avid levers.JPG
    avid levers.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,430
A man who knows? You said yours are V chipped... So mine Aren't then?

23Feb039.jpg

The cable nipple hole thingies are different. I've not found anyone who could give me a definitive answer. Mine were new from a shop who'd had them in a display case for years but had lost the box.

No man yours are exactly the same as mine, I'd venture to say they are V-chip'd I'm pretty sure the V-chip is the adjustable cable anchor but I'm not 100% on that. My pic quality is terrible but they look exactly the same as yours in the flesh.

I dunno your cable anchor bits look like they curve the other way to mine. :? Mine kinda bend out, yours bend in? Super nice levers though aren't they :D

Very nice find!! :cool:

There's an old skool Roox seatpost in my LBS, perfect diameter, right length, was $90.00 said he'd sell it for $75.00....hmmmm, not much of a saving considering it's 10 year old....

Settled for a cheapy $35.00 seatpost and see if I can haggle him down in the years to come ;)

Rich

Thinking of selling mine... P.M. me with offers I may be tempted to part with them.

Back