Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just won a set of Ti-dyed spokes for the Psyclone Project.. :D

87_1.JPG

Need a tasty 36H fron hub for these [putting a clear/white Disk Drive on the rear], any ideas? I was thinking Nuke Proof.. :cool:

kingroon":1fdbhf22 said:
Just won a set of Ti-dyed spokes for the Psyclone Project.. :D

87_1.JPG

Need a tasty 36H fron hub for these [putting a clear/white Disk Drive on the rear], any ideas? I was thinking Nuke Proof.. :cool:

That's a nice idea!!!

Attachments

• 2.35 WALZE.JPG
    2.35 WALZE.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 3,508
Stout

I prefer the performance over bling. Any front wheels I build start with a specialized stout hub with the 5mm scraxle and a WTB powerbeam or laserbeam rim. To increase front end stiffness more I like to run the XTR carbon brake boosters. I also run a white bros UL72 fork. White was the first fork manufacture to use oversize stanchions. All adds up to an amazing amount of control in the front end.

Pics wont post, I will try again later.

Attachments

• IMG_1907s.jpg
    IMG_1907s.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3,257
Stout

I prefer the performance over bling. Any front wheels I build start with a specialized stout hub with the 5mm scraxle and a WTB powerbeam or laserbeam rim. To increase front end stiffness more I like to run the XTR carbon brake boosters. I also run a white bros UL72 fork. White was the first fork manufacture to use oversize stanchions. All adds up to an amazing amount of control in the front end.

Pics wont post, I will try again later.

jez-2-many-bikes":10fyyqyu said:
I have a nukeproof 32 hole front hub on a wheel for sale dude....(not the one in the pic)

Sorry mate, I'm after a 36 holer.. :cry: [I have a 36H Ritchey rim waiting to be laced up]

kingroon":2o970cqo said:
jez-2-many-bikes":2o970cqo said:
I have a nukeproof 32 hole front hub on a wheel for sale dude....(not the one in the pic)

Sorry mate, I'm after a 36 holer.. :cry: [I have a 36H Ritchey rim waiting to be laced up]
So how do you know the spokes will be the right length?

A cunning tool I found thru Google..

http://damonrinard.com/spocalc.htm

[The full version has a db of rims and hubs.]

The guy I bought them from "built up a set with these spokes on 517 rims and XTR hubs", they're 269mm.. Good for 36 x 3 cross up front according to the spocalc.. Pretty useful tool! Nukeproof hubs aren't on there..

Maybe you could measure your flange for me Jez? :shock:

Latest posts

Back