Manitou 1 internals missing

kowalski74

Retro Newbie
Hi all. I have just been given an old marin and a really clean set of manitou 1's. Unfortunately on opening them there are literally no internals bar the 2 tubes. Can anyone please help or advise on how to get all the correct parts. Thanks in advance.

German eBay user robytoby_und_der_e21 sold me a complete kit to replace the internals. I presume you have the inner bolts though?

Do you mean by internals missing: when you lever off the silver top caps there's nothing in the tubes? In that case: they're supposed to be empty in case of a Manitou1. The elastomers are underneath the tubes. You need an extra long allen key to get to the bottom of the legs (shine a flashlight inside the tubes and you'll see the bolts at the bottom). Undo those and pull the fork apart, then you'll get to the elastomer stack underneath (which has most likely liquified to a rubbery goo that will be a bugger to get off).

Re:

Thanks for the replies, there is nothing when you pull the tubes apart atall, funny enough i've been given the long allen key but the tubes are totally empty.

Back