Fresh pedals - another NOS set added!

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

I've always had a soft spot for these pedals and have been owning and riding numerous (heavily) used sets.
Never owned a clean set though, with the Shimano logos and lime-colored grease still present though :cool:, so when I saw these up for sale, I considered them an early birthday gift to myself this year.
They just arrived and I've opened the package and the box: I love 'em :D !

p5pb14927506.jpg

p5pb14927524.jpg

p5pb14927522.jpg

I even carefully read the instructions for the very first time (as recommended by the manufacturer) and that -amongst others- taught me the difference between the silver (SM-SH55) and the black (SM-SH50) cleats :LOL: . Wonderful.

Now let's see when I can take these on their maiden voyage (and in what crankset I'll screw them first.. Grafton? XTR? XT?).

Cheers!

Re: Fresh pedals

Lovely pedal if very heavy. But I had Ti axels on one pair I had.

Re: Fresh pedals

If my memory is correct a company called Action-tec made them. Up to early 00

Re:

Got SRP Ti axles in one set from bitd. Love these bomb proof pedals and also coughed up hard for a NOS set.

Re:

Came across this set of fresh pedals on Marktplaats.nl recently.
These were actually my very first set of SPD pedals, as I couldn't afford the m737's back then :) . Nostalgia :cool:

p5pb16313799.jpg

p5pb16313800.jpg

p5pb16313802.jpg

p5pb16313804.jpg

Greasy buggers :p
p5pb16313805.jpg

I was (naively) assuming these would be lighter than the m737's, but I don't think they are!

Were any Ti axles ever made for these?

Re: Re:

Double-E F":luelf5oe said:
I was (naively) assuming these were going to be lighter than the m737's, but I don't think they are!

Were any Ti axles ever made for these?

I had them as well BITD called the DX pedal. Better mud clearances and they are lighter than the XT M737 version which can survive a Nuke going off next to them. Never saw Ti axels for them.

Back