Ah Ah Ah! Need some air?

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
I´ve been chasing this kit for a while now, and finally got one, NOS.

I know it´s not quite retro, but it´s so rare that i think it deserves to be here.

It was a very limited production, 1000 kits were made, mine is number 277.

It´s a very interesting piece of MTB history.

Here it is. Shimano Airlines.

07082008301gn0.jpg

07082008302hz4.jpg

07082008297yv0.jpg

07082008298rx8.jpg

07082008299ny9.jpg

07082008303xl0.jpg

Only the second time I've seen them.

There was a Yeti in readers bikes a month or 2 back that had them. Functional, probably not so much.....cool though, you bet :cool:

I'm fascinated by this system, really cool, will it be built or kept? Gotta be a downhill rig if you build it. San andreas, hannebrinks, hed's.....

Yes, it was developed for downhill racing, so it´s meant to a dh frame, but it haven´t decided yet if it´s going to get out of the box. If it does, maybe it will go to my STS Lobo DH... period correct...

I´ve tested one in a friends bike a few years ago, and i remember how smooth it was, very fast, and if the temperature was stable (not below 0ºc or up to 35ºc) there was no need to adjust gears, even after you empty both tanks.

Each 500cc tank lets you shift gears 400 times, more or less, and can easily be filled with a floor pump or a shock pump, for higher pressures.

There must be only a few sets NOS, in original package, so it kinda breaks my heart to mount this one on a bike and go F*** it on the trails... specially because it wont be easy to find replacement parts for these, i think...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ride it, it's what it is for. I hate all this nerdy keeping it mint thing. Ride it, ride it, ride it!

Are we riders or trainspotters?

Back