Anyone know what company made these cranks?

japslap81

Dirt Disciple
Anyone have any idea who made these cranks?

Thanks for taking the time to look any ideas would be appreciated

*edit sorry could be in wrong section just wanted MTB knowledge, sorry mods please move to appropriate or remove apologies

Attachments

• IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,252
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 3,252
Re:

I think it's a Nashbar crank. Nashbar is an american mail order company and they probably slapped their insignia on a taiwanese company's crankset.

Re: Re:

David Gibson":11ig1eoe said:
I think it's a Nashbar crank. Nashbar is an american mail order company and they probably slapped their insignia on a taiwanese company's crankset.

I'd heard the Nash bar theory before on this symbol, thought it may have been a company I'd not heard of that had went out of business, guess that makes it like a lot of parts in the bicycle industry, get a part and slap your name on it then charge the customer accordingly to how popular/unpopular your logo is lol

dyna-ti":2wz76bxf said:
I've a set of these that are identical, also the same large ,i think is 130mm spider. Same star shaped spider/arm interface.
Mine are logo'd Cyclone and the areas that are cut out on yours are only recessed on mine.
my thread here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=348590&hilit=+Cyclone
And another example here
viewtopic.php?t=13951&start=150
I should have a pic :?

Cheers man, some interesting reading there, nice cranks too

tintin41":16ynov3m said:
certainly different

And wouldn't they look fab on one of your bikes ;)

Or even start a project :shock:
:LOL:

I was thinking of taking them to the grinder and reshaping some of the clunky edges out them. I'm sure they could be improved if you had a mind to. Certainly not rarest of the rare by any means.

Definitely the (old) Bike Nashbar logo (speaking as a yankee). They were bought by the other big US mail-order company, Performance Bicycle a while back. Known for high-value house-brand gear. Your cranks are likely rebranded Asian-made.

Back