IMG_1464800.jpg

IMG_1468800h.jpg

IMG_1462800.jpg

IMG_1472800h.jpg

IMG_1475800h.jpg

- Melvin

Elev12k":3iy5hmry said:
Hard Core - leaves no much room for doubt where it is built for

Somewhere with no bumps, because otherwise it'll rattle you to death?

LOOK at the joints a LOT of CARE and WORK gone into it.......Melvin now I see why they are special......... Lucky Man

You're right retroking, a lot of work went into it. There is a thick powdercoating applied, but what can be seen shows neat welds. Rody made me curious and I had to check myself ;) The best in welding ever? Probably.

I did some thinking on the specs already. Time to unveil them!:

Euclid steel headset
XC Pro BB
Euclid or DX crankset, depends on how much the Euclid builds more inward
DX rear mech
XC LTD front mech (it is the only piece I have in 31.8 currently)
DX or Bullseye red/yellow hub wheelset (I actually acquired it for the Yo, but I think it will do great on the HC too!)
Euclid wheel QRs
XT seat QR
XT post
black Turbo seat
black XT or silver DX brakes, I will try what looks better
DX or XT rapidfire/lever units, undecided

It will be a reliable, functional built.

- Melvin

Sounds good but from memory don't Euclid cranks require a longer B.B. than DX/XT also the tapper angles are technically different practically :?: between Italy and Japan.

retroking#1":2aahuf3q said:
Sounds good but from memory don't Euclid cranks require a longer B.B. than DX/XT also the tapper angles are technically different practically :?: between Italy and Japan.

You are correct on both. I will see whether the Euclids will hit the stays and/or the chainline will be ruined. If so, the DX will be the way to go as I know Campy does indeed use different taper, but I never experienced trouble.

@John
It came from the same source as Monster's 10th: Marc/Rasadul

- Melvin

Elev12k":3u6xr22t said:
retroking#1":3u6xr22t said:

You are correct on both. I will see whether the Euclids will hit the stays and/or the chainline will be ruined. If so, the DX will be the way to go as I know Campy does indeed use different taper, but I never experienced trouble.

@John
It came from the same source as Monster's 10th: Marc/Rasadul

- Melvin

@ Melvin

I was the first to negotiate with Marc for this Grove Hardcore.
The one thing that made me decide not to go for this frame was the chainsuck damage. The pictures I saw were not very clear. Maybe you think I'm a bit paranoia, but I've had some problems in the past with a 2nd hand steel frame. That particular one had a crack in the chainstay due to massive chainsuck. The frame was also resprayed, and you could not see it on first sight. Unfortunately Marc did not send me a detailed picture of this area of his Hardcore which I requested, so I let this beautiful frame pass!

Hi Sandro,

I do know you were the other bloke! Marc told me he got more interest form Holland when he quoted shipping ;)

I cleaned the area with a Dremel tool. There is no damage worth any concern to the tubing. Powdercoating was indeed hit. Will touch up with paint from the model build shop. Will not be hard to find perfect matching colour, as army stuff is very popular in model build scene :cool: of course.

I went for it as I assumed that with a Grove HC Ã

Back