Marin 2000 Rear FRS Disc Mount Adapter

Presky

Retro Newbie
I've been having a nightmare trying to get hold of one of these to enable me to fit disc brakes to my 2000 Marin East Peak. It's hard to believe there are none availabe in any custom component bike shops, eBay, direct from Marin....nothing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x85b8umd94xpf ... e.jpg?dl=0

(The image is a 3D printed prototype I've made, to test dimensions before getting it made in Alu)

Anyway, taking this little problem into my own hands I've accurately templated the part from dimensions given by Marin and checked them against a scan of an original adapter from someone who has it on his bike!

I'm going to get the part laser cut from high grade 6082 Plate Aluminium and then have it black anodised for a professional finish and corrosion resistance.

Because of manufacturing minimum order costs, it makes no sense to make 1....so I would need to make about 30!!

So the question is......does anyone else need one of these adapters? If these are that difficult to get hold of, and still wanted, I'd be interested in getting a run of them manufactured and selling them at a reasonable price to help me recoup some of the costs. Probably around £25 each but possibly less depending on how many people may want them.

Back