RD-M700........

Tommy

Retro Guru
:oops:

25010515490_08397925ac_h.jpg

That's just ridiculous........and I love it :)

These would be great if they actually shifted properly! Suntour had the patent on the slant parallelogram at the time and their mechs worked a whole lot better. As soon as the patent ran out, along came Shimano stuff that actually shifted properly.

legrandefromage":3ryf8eg6 said:
These would be great if they actually shifted properly! Suntour had the patent on the slant parallelogram at the time and their mechs worked a whole lot better. As soon as the patent ran out, along came Shimano stuff that actually shifted properly.

Perhaps that's why they're all unused.

Re:

Awesome collection :cool:

Can never get enough of looking at rear derailleurs :D

Those old first edition Deore from 81-82 really takes me back to the hey days, when everything Shimano pushed to the market had a lot of fancy features with even more fancy names!
Words that easily impressed a youngster like myself. Was even hostile towards Campagnolo at some point and really going into Shimano. That changed a few years later though :oops:
SunTour never got into the limelight then, simply because no one at the races and in the clubs used it. Campagnolo ruled solely. Wish I had known better then...... ➡️ :idea:

Have caught up since so love your SunTour as well.

K.

Back