View
Made in Holland, many machined bits
Durable and stiff, but not the pick for weight weenies
Nice suspension characteristics, 6 damping settings

Also pictured: Control Tech linear pull brakes, Bullseye hub

24628737074_ec97164e69_b.jpg

Re:

Lovely forks :)
I had some of the "Elasto Pro" ones as my 1st suspension forks back in 1994 and they were good then.

Now got these :

Wish mine had the modified black crown though.

Re:

oooooh...... now that would be perfect for the Rafty Funnel i've just acquired as it's also from the flat lands..... interesting! :cool:

Gruff, very nice. A HydroPro 3 with canti brace is quite unique. Around 1995 there was a recall for crowns. All the black ones are good. I would think all HydroPro 3's came with the right crown, but I am not sure. As long as the crown is silver I would check it regularly.

On the HydroPro 3 followed the Rebel. Can't say the powdercoated finish helped the looks.

313981167_be7caa5d77_b.jpg

Elev12k":1hz43w3z said:
Gruff, very nice. A HydroPro 3 with canti brace is quite unique. Around 1995 there was a recall for crowns. All the black ones are good. I would think all HydroPro 3's came with the right crown, but I am not sure. As long as the crown is silver I would check it regularly.

I had the crown on my Elasto pros replaced for the Black one in '94 so am well aware of the cracking problem.
Got these from Stumpjumper1990 for a great price especially as they hold air without a rebuild :D

I had to get Rampage to make me the cable hanger for the canti brace and he had to make it in stainless as alloy wouldn't have had enough threads for the bolt to make it strong enough.

Re:

Very nice forks made with great attention for detail.
My Hydro Pro 3 also had the silver crown initially, which was swapped by the black one by the dealer. It was factory mounted on the 1995 Koga-Miyata Sky Carbolite.

I would imagine the build quality to be to the utmost highest standard.
While I haven't used WP suspension on my bicycles I have used them on road and off back home in Australia. I had a set of forks on my main enduro race machine and for my R1100RS back in 1999 I had a custom set of shocks, front and rear, built for the R1100 and to match my weight. Beautiful engineering and the most controlled ride I ever had. All measurements and weights etc were done by fax, built in Holland and then shipped out. Perfect straight out the box. They weren't cheap that's for sure, but worth it.

Jamie

Re:

Anyone got a manual for these forks that they could scan and send me?

Back