Titanium frame identification help needed

owenB

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking at rebuilding a titanium frame but I'd like to dress it up in period kit so I need some help with a rough year and who made it. I'm told it could be ti-max or Saracen but I'm not sure. No markings on the frame, no numbers can be seen throughout!!!

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 3,446
Re:

It's a funny one...dropouts and cable stops are definitely hinting at early nineties Litespeed to me. Definitely not a Kili or Serotta though. Are there any frame numbers?

Re:

Thanks, definitely no markings at all but to me it feels a nice quality frame, all the welds are lovely and it's been done with some love. Litespeed would be nice but still to find a answer that I can get a photo of the bike/frame and honestly say it's the same!

Perhaps I'll never know...mmmmmm.

Re:

Was a chap on mtbr who had a ti ride with same dropouts but I dont think he ever found out what it was either, suggestions of Diamond back and Dean were made
65063d1111681352-official-titanium-bike-thread-dropout.jpg

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... #post20434

only lead I can find.....

Re:

Drop outs looks the same but I cant find the details of that photo from the link, can you clarify what that frame was or is that ones of the mystery ones too????

thanks
Owen

Back