brovedani CNC'd anti lock cantis

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Bought these off eBay a long time ago, Why?

Attachments

• cnc.jpg
    cnc.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4,324
Not yet, not sure if i want to, but they do look nice,.
retrobikeguy.

Oh and what a cool website :D

retrobikeguy":1u5e2eib said:
No, front specific :? , maybe one day........

Front :shock:

Partner them with a set of Suntour SE cantis on the rear and your set for braking mayhem !

man... they look dangerous. Presumably they stop the pressure getting to high with the springs and rollers.

I put a pair of Suntour Self Energising cantis on one of my GT's... on the front. I hadn't really considered how they worked so I put them on the front. The manual said 'Do not install the brake on the front as they are too powerful and injury may result'. Of course they were rubbish as the mechanism worked the opposite way round.

I *think* they were actually simpler than that. The roller is offset (or not circular) and when applied runs along the rim and intermittently pushes the brake pad away from the rim stopping it from locking up.
I could be wrong though :?

I always wanted to invent a brake that could store the energy lost during braking, some sort of flywheel arrangement maybe. Release it to get instant boost of acceleration to pass your mates when the trail heads uphill :D

Wow... might it not get a bit jarring if your rollers get out of sync? Still there may be a perfect speed that you pass through while braking where they work perfectly!

Cheers

Mark (who's kind of sorry they're not purple)

Back