Control Tech

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Couldn't resist putting this on here. The postman delivered a Control Tech seatpost yesterday and it is mint with barely a mark on it!

Attachments

• ebay 062 (Small).jpg
    ebay 062 (Small).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,724
  • ebay 063 (Small).jpg
    ebay 063 (Small).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,724
As a bit of a teaser it is going to be paired with this ;) !

Trevor.

Attachments

• Control Tech.jpg
    Control Tech.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,723
That looks super clean and sharp :cool: Is it a SS project?

stevet1":wrkhu8u1 said:
nice, I love control tech stuff.

I don't... I bent two of those posts on Rocky Mountain Blizzards in 1993, and I don't like carrying stupid long Allen keys to get to the bolts on those stems.

Never mind, they look good ;)

messiah":1o87xxee said:
stevet1":1o87xxee said:

I don't... I bent two of those posts

pick up your butt! :D

Control Tech from BITD was prototypical 'pure-business'. You knew that a guy with Control Tech stuff on his bike had a clue...not like the dolt who spent the same amount of dough on junk like Kalloy Uno!

Pure Business.

Must admit i'm quite fond of Control Tech stuff myself, I bought a stem from someone off here a while ago, Liked it so much i bought another recently :cool:

messiah":33hasrbq said:
stevet1":33hasrbq said:

I don't... I bent two of those posts on Rocky Mountain Blizzards in 1993

The one with the reinforcing rib up the middle? Or did they add that later? Just wondering 'cos I always thought they were really strong with that feature.

check the stem too, they were several batches that went out with the extruded handlebar clamp section welded on at an angle to the main stem extension (with the bike at normal 90deg to ground, look at the handlebars, 1 end of the bar might be lower/higher than the other side!)

I had a Controltech post in my AMP B3 back in the day (93-94). It stayed perfectly straight even though I banana'd the seat tube!!!

Back