White Industries groupo

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Always had a soft spot for White Industries BITD and when I discovered they made a derailleur system, well I just couldn’t help myself :oops:!

Attachments

• WI groupo.JPG
    WI groupo.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,989
Re:

WI RX hubs
Bought three from Ishaw a couple of months ago but I had to find another rear as the logo on the one I got from Ian didn’t have the dual White Industries/RockShox branding, plus the WI logo was traced with a double line rather than a single (terrible OCD :facepalm: ). I’m guessing the Rockshox logo was dropped on later versions?

Anyway, everything has been disassembled, cleaned, polished (thanks Chris), and new bearings have fitted.

Attachments

• WI RX hubs_2.JPG
    WI RX hubs_2.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 3,980
  • WI RX hubs_1.JPG
    WI RX hubs_1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,980
  • IMG_5343.JPG
    IMG_5343.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,980
Nice! I would love a LMDS derailleur system, too expensive for me though. I do appreciate the different approach to the rear derailleur.

Re:

Bottom bracket
68x114mm. Hopefully this is going to be suitable for the future build, otherwise it’s going to have to be moved on.

Attachments

• WI Ti BB.JPG
    WI Ti BB.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 3,978
Re:

“M” crank
I never did get to the bottom of the Bianchi crank mystery but schwartzy16 sent me a PM saying he had a M crank and BB that he wouldn’t mind selling. These arrived from Canada this week.

Attachments

• M crank.JPG
    M crank.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,979
  • M crank_1.JPG
    M crank_1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 3,979
  • WI M crank.jpg
    WI M crank.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,979
  • WI C crank.jpg
    WI C crank.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3,979
Re:

LMDS
Doesn’t appear to have been used but the cable housing is missing and there are a few scuffs around the spring. I shouldn’t imagine the housing is going to be too hard to substitute, unlike the cables themselves which are rather interesting!

Anyone got any ideas which type of front mech I should be using; top pull or bottom pull? As the system dates from around 1997, so I was thinking of going M950 but I’m not sure if the “spooler” that has to be fitted in order for it to work with the twist grip is mech specific. I can find anything online and the LMDS instructions don’t mention the front! I’m guessing I can use either?

Attachments

• LMDS_3.JPG
    LMDS_3.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,978
  • LMDS_2.JPG
    LMDS_2.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,978
  • LMDS_1.JPG
    LMDS_1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,978
syncrosfan":1j24j0pi said:
Nice! I would love a LMDS derailleur system, too expensive for me though. I do appreciate the different approach to the rear derailleur.
Tell me about it! I had to sell quite a bit of stuff to build up the PP account in order to keep it "off the radar" ;) .

"Tell me about it! I had to sell quite a bit of stuff to build up the PP account in order to keep it "off the radar" ;) ."
The missus still knows! That guilt eating away at you... The lies about what great of a deal it was (slash a digit of the price you actually paid)...
What frame is this kit actually going on? Polished alloy? Something along the Manitou HT or FS lines?

I know what you mean about the rear hub ... ! :LOL: ;-)

If you come across another dual branded one (or if anyone reading this has one spare), please let me know ... :cool:

WD :D

Back