SIDI

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
After keeping an eye on here & eBay for the last couple of years I finally managed to find a pair of old school Sidi Dominator MTB shoes in my size, and in almost unused condition too!

The very first proper cycling shoes I had wre made by Look, and were used with pedals & toe clips, then when SPD came along I splashed out on the 1st Sidi Dominator shoes and some Shimano SPD pedals. The Sidi's lasted several years, and I can't remember what happened to them.

I seem to remember I used rugby studs on the front of the Sidi's, does anyone know of any suitable spikes for MTB shoes? or should I just use studs again??

Re:

Had normal studs in mine bitd. Also had the sole peel off. Thanks to Mr Araldite, they were re-introduced!

Nice shoes though!

Mike

Re:

I just use football studs on my Shimano shoes. They came off the football boots I use for rugby as they, the football studs, aren't allowed for rugby as they have to be all aluminium with no plastic.
Think the 2 boots worth will see out the rest of my MTB riding.

Re: Re:

Matt2014":2vdfnx3t said:
Specialized sell the studs for their shoes.....maybe they'll work?

I got some with Specialized shoes I bought, crap plastic with metal ends. Ditched in favour of football ones a referee friend gave me.
Those Sidi ones look good too though

Mike

Re:

I picked-up an identical NOS pair of these in my size a year or so ago.
3 of my bikes have blue paint so these will go nicely.
One of the main reasons for purchasing these is that they have in-line cleat holes for Look MP90 or Campagnolo Centaur MTB pedals.

Shoes like this can be purchased cheaply if on auction as the size greatly reduces the people interested that week.

url

url

url

Back