MTB Suspension Forks

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Oh dear... I seem to have at least twice as many sets of suspension forks as I do bikes, not including the ones actually fitted to the bikes! :facepalm:

Surely I'm not the only one?

Scott Unishock, Unishock VR, Marzocchi/Scott, Rock Shox RS1, Mag 21, Shocktech, Pace RC35 AB, Lawwill Leader...

And then there's this oddity, suspension for the rear of the bike...

Not to mention the oddball suspension seatposts that seem to be multiplying in my spares box :roll:

So who else has this "Suspension Fetish"? :p

Re:

Thats a nice collection though!.

Scott unishocks do they actually work, have heard they are not great, but not tryed them yet!.

Love the lawhill leader forks!.

Re the rear suspension,could you bolt it onto a broken frame?. Instant full suspension :cool:

Re:

The Unishocks actually work quite well, although they were never top of the pile when they originally came out, they just use a simple elastomer or elastomer & spring setup, so not much different from a lot of other retro forks.

The Shockster does indeed attach to the dropouts & brake bosses. I've yet to sample the errr..... "delights" of riding on it, but I think I'll wait till the weather improves a bit and fit to one of my bikes, along with the Lawwill leader on the front.... should make for a nice "Frankenbike" :LOL:

wan":2htuxu1v said:
which of them most you like and the best?

I actually like the Leader fork the best, not just for the looks, but it actually performs the best of all of them, very good over smaller bumps (much like the Girvin Vector/Crosslink forks).

You think you have problems.................

DSC_0002_zps54tlcohe.jpg

Not including the ones in kit form :facepalm:

unit3":1p3k8vuv said:
You think you have problems.................

DSC_0002_zps54tlcohe.jpg

Not including the ones in kit form :facepalm:

:shock: I don't feel quite so bad now, after seeing that pic :LOL:

Back