NOS Butterscotch Tioga Psychos

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, a set of NOS Butterscotch Tioga Psychos has fallen in my lap. Not the first set of these I've owned and I've always had a love/hate relationship with them, but I've never had a NOS pair (aside from when I bought a pair new in 2002 for £9 each).

Facing a bit of a dilemma about what to do with them... I don't have a build good enough to use a NOS pair on and I've given up hope of ever getting hold of a Klein Attitude in Gator Fade, which has always been in my mind with a set of these on. Tempting to just pop them on ebay and watch them go for over three figures but I'm not sure I can really let go of them. Maybe I'll keep them in cotton wool till I really need the money!

Re:

Keep them , and keep the Klein dream on :cool: one day just one, you will probably get one. I hang on to parts for bikes I dream of!

Re:

I agree - hang on to them if you can. It's always worth keeping hold of stuff that's part of a dream bike.

I had a NOS yellow Kore stem and an almost mint yellow RockShox fork I'd been holding on to in the hope of finding a ball-burnished GT to put them on. I eventually sold them and within a month I picked up a '94 ball-burnished GT Avalanche AL. :facepalm:

That said, the Avalanche still looks kick-ass with the original black rigid fork on it. :D

This is spooky, literally 10 minutes after JonTom's post in the middle of the night (in the UK, at least!) the tyres sold on ebay, so they're now off to Germany. I'd listed them for £160+ which seems like about the going rate. I decided to sell them as I'd just made an impulse buy of a road bike that was advertised locally (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=317602) and needed to sell a few of my better MTB parts to fund it, so the Psychos were top of the list to go. A couple of other considerations were that i) when it came down to it I probably couldn't bring myself to use them from NOS, whatever they were going on and ii) they'd likely hang around unused for years and while they're in great condition at the moment, the rubber will start drying out sooner or later, as I've had with other used pairs of these. And finally, I probably should admit to myself iii) that looks aside, I actually find them pretty poor tyres!

Back