Recommend me some Cantilevers

Seca Blue

Retro Guru
I'm just going through a small renovation on my old ride and am considering some silver cantilevers to replace the 986's I've currently got.
Might even change the rear SE's too, but not decided on that.

I'd usually try and avoid Shimano as I just like to be a bit different, so I suppose 987's are a possible, along with Ritchey's, which I think are basically the same.
Having said that, the XTR V's look interesting. When did they come out - perhaps a bit modern for the bike.

Anything else I should consider?

Cheers,

D.

I did look at those but don't think they'd suit the bike tbh.
I might end up with some silver 987's at this rate - but I'll have another look at those Onza's cheers,

D.

Re:

I bought some Onza's about 10 years ago and they were the worst brake ever made! Don't buy them!
The metal squished like butter by the mounting screws when I tried to put them on my frame. They are terrible and dangerous.

Cheers for the feedback. Not the first time I've read that tbh, which surprised me as I always thought Onza did good stuff.

Re:

There's always a difference of opinions over fitting V brakes to a frame built for canti's. The V brake corner argue that their bikes are riders and so function over form wins the day. Personally I'm perfectly happy with some well set up cantilevers but more than that, I hate seeing a redundant canti brake cable guide sitting unused on the seat stays!

If you like your Dia Compes then this guy has brand new sets in three different colours and for a great price. He's a member on here too Mountainbike-Kult.de so if you send him a message then he can hook you up :)

http://www.mtb-kult.de/catalogsearch/re ... =dia+compe

Back