My Troy Lee Addiction - pics to follow!

boxxer

MacRetro Rider
It's my Kryptonnite.... Has been since 93 when Bert Harkins was the importer, he was also an Ex Edinburgh Monarch Speedway rider so used to pop up frequently to Powderhall in Edinburgh - I'd always have a poke around as he had some amazing goodies stashed away!

Then the American Speedway riders had TLD painted lids ( around about the same time John Tomac had his Eagle and McGrath had bubbles on a Moto 5) and I was sold....

So since then I keep an eye and will pick up random stuff - not T-Shirts but more eclectic gear such as

1992 Troy Lee Edge helmet in blue and white
1993 Scully Rocket men stickers (kinda rare)
1994 Vintage racer jumper - died in 98 but the Cafe Racer patch remains
1994 Troy Lee Daytona - The daddy of them all!
1995 Troy Lee Troexel Vapour - USA
1996 Speedway Jacket - ripped at a BMX track but still in the cupboard
1996 Troy Lee Edge with Raceface - Black
1996 Troy Lee Edge with Raceface - Black - NOS
1996 Troy Lee Edge with Raceface - Red
1996 Troy Lee Daytona (D1) in box with helmet bag!
1999 Troy Lee Zippo - one of 300 world wide
2002 Troy Lee D2 Hot Rod
2004 Troy Lee D2 Hartop
2005 Wardy Watch in Blue - 135 of 300
2006 Troy Lee D2 Openface - Black
2006 Troy Lee D2 Openface - Red flame
2014 Troy Lee Designs A1 - Black with Lightning Bolt
2015 Troy Lee D3 - Soul Feathers
2016 Troy Lee D2

I also have the 93,94,95,96 and 2010 Catalogues and I have some XC gloves on order!

I'm looking for 1 helmet to finish my collection

Found! Troy Lee Daytona in Blue or Red (not a D2) the £400 racer only lid of the late 90's - Palmer, Peaty, Voullioz etc...

Found! Troy Lee D2 Openface (not the one that went for £160 on ebay recently though I was watching it)

1) A Peaty Troy Lee D3 (these are still in production so no great rush as yet though!)

Anyone else suffer the same?

Was in mcmartins cycles in Glasgow and there were a pair of troy lee trousers for sale Yellow with the logo heavily embossed on them. :? Didnt see a price but ill be in at some point and will drop you a note of size etc.
Have to say they did catch my eye as theyre quite nice and im not usually a yellow fan.

I've got a Daytona helmet. Unfortunately not still sporting the original graphics.
It's a work of carbon art.
So light, worryingly so, when compared to modern full face lids. It really does feel like it wouldn't offer much in the way of protection when you've got it on.

BUT, it looks sooo nice.

Very expensive back in the day and I'm afraid to say, not for sale. It's probably the one helmet it would never sell.

Re:

Bummer, just realised my D2 Hotrod is goosed, liner and poly liner are loose so guess its the display shelf for these!

Still just the Daytona and D3 to go on the helmet front at some stage!!!

Not so much helmets; but I picked up a nice pair of Avia Avi-Bolt Troy Lee trainers last year and my fave saddle is a Selle Italia Flite Troy Lee 'flaming eyeball' - like so!:
selle_italia_tld_flite_sadde.jpg

I have a Daytona (from sept. 97 according to the label inside) that I bought from ebay in 2007 for the like of 50eur or so .. Unfortunately it has been cut to an open face by a previous owner, a BMX racer without a doubt (it has S&M and GT stickers on it, and also the buttons to attach a mouth guard as they were using back in the days).
A shame it has been cut ... but still a nice piece !!

Man Beast":1w7q35qi said:
Are you aware of the Peaty bike sale in Sheffield (@ Ponds Forge in town) ?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/peatys-bik ... -2014.html

You'd do worse than speaking to the big man himself, he's dead good with chatting to people about most things... That'll maybe cover the Daytona?

Is that not just a bike jumble but with an entry fee :?
It implies something its not and i dont like the idea of charging a fee unless its a forum set up event(any forum) or the money is going to charity and here i think its the case of a Trader/market type set up.

Anyone know any specifics about who runs it or has been :?

Latest posts

Back