2409429541_d165ba9e0b_b.jpg

2409432825_b8089e4641_b.jpg

2410267734_dd367bc990_b.jpg

2410264456_603b83f818_b.jpg

2410269450_da715d9fe2_b.jpg

How a build one looks:

MiyataCentury5800.jpg

I think so :mrgreen:

Yes, they're both mine. Where do I find all this collector stuff? Well, be patient and know what you are looking for.

The tall Miyata Century I bought from a well know Dutch classified site several years ago. It was advertised as 'Miyata' (it is a US Miyata), while most Dutch probably simply search for 'Koga' (what it isn't) if they want a Koga Miyata. Moreover pics were very poor. That it was badly advertised was maybe part of my luck. Now, why this US Miyata was in Holland? I have been told it was a business gift from Miyata to a CEO of a very huge bicycle company overhere.

The tall Miyata Century's build is as follows:
XTII
Tange Novel needle bearing headset
Trimble ROO bar/stem combo
Tange Switchblades
Ritchey Vantage rims

The Switchblades is the only non original part.

The little Century was advertised in Erkan's signature for about 1.5 year. When I saw it I started saving, kept saving, was almost there ...but than the gold price went up, so I continued saving :LOL: BUT in the end I bought it. No, Erkan did charge a reasonable price. Thx Erkan, it found a caring home as you know.

Little explanation on the Miyata Century model: Issued in 1990 celebrating 100 years Miyata bike building. Miyata originally started as rifle manufacturer. Because of their experience in working with steel they 1st started making repairs on 'strange' bicycles and in 1890 decided it would be a good idea to issue their own bicycle. To give the Century its festive look, the Japanse used 14k gold. There was a road and an off road version.

Btw I know of a fellow Retrobike member who found and bought 2 :!: :shock: last week. One road, one MTB.

Oh, Melvin...

I love you and i hate you at the same time... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I´ve already saw those pics some time ago, but i still stay glued to the screen when i see them...

You must be the biggest Miyata collector i know...

@ Andy.l
Actually I did ride the tall one very hard for about 1.5 year. Then I smashed to the ground with it very badly and I self weren't able to bike for months, but fortunately the bike (well, except for the grips :roll: ) was fully unharmed. Pfoo.. Through the eye of the needle I realized. From then it kinda retired.

@Vitorzip
Yes, I am :LOL:

Back