I recently bought a vintage Pace RC35 fork. I have lots of questions about it
I hope someone here will be able to answer them.
- I'm not sure if it is the MXC, or MXCD version (no decals left), how to find out? I found the page @Pace
but apart from the travel, there seems to be no difference between the models.
- It also has the optional oil damper and it needs maintenance since there is no oil in it. But I cannot find a manual that describes the oil damper. I found this manual
, but it seems to be for the plain vanilla Pace RC35. How much oil does it need and what viscosity? Would Fox oil be ok, or do I need special Pace oil?
- There is a lever on top of the damper which is seized when I assemble the forks, but moves freely when disassembled, which is also a little weird. How to fix?
- The stanchions seem to have a lot of stiction. What grease to use? Would Judy butter be ok?
- I also would like to buy the cantilever rocker assembly, but it is out of stock @Pace. I searched ebay and here, but didn't find it.
- And finally, there is a mark on one of the carbon legs, it looks like the clearcoat is cracked. This probably means the carbon is cracked too. I knew this when I bought the forks, but can it be repaired? I tried contacting a Dutch firm
that specializes in carbon repair, but they are closed for holidays until end of the month.
Here's some pictures:
On the bike: