Unicorn item finally arrived!!! (Mavic Conent)

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
So excited!

Attachments

• IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,222
Only taken 5 years to source... :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,167
So okay, finally got one, trouble is it's too short...have a few ideas knocking about regarding some kind of insert into the end matching the inner diameter then extending out to match the exterior diameter and using an industrial glue to secure the two lengths together...searching now for a machinist to carry out the task...

What do you guys think?

Rich

You waited 5 years and now want to brutalise it :shock: Somewhere under the stresses a seat post take I'd be concerned about it's strength. Plus you'll add loads of unnecessary weight too. Keep it in the box all nice and tidy like and see if there's another longer but not NOS floating about?

I'm hearing ya Ben, but in the last 5 years of searching only ever come across another 337 Mountain post in 350mm and that was a 26.4 these just don't come up...will chat to an engineer about it though to see the issues about stress, weight not so much an issue :)

Thanks for your comment :)

When it's all sorted it'll be going on my Pace Rc200 F1, been a real waiting game getting all the parts together, but hopefully worthwhile, still, quite surprised that the bike weighs so much, compared to a top end Shimano or Suntour set up :)

How's Chch coming along??

Chch is making progress - still a loonng way to go, but some exciting stuff happening with a reasonable number of new buildings going up.

Found your pace on the interweb - cool story and a long history! Look forward to seeing it finished and great to see a different build.

Cheers mate, a labour of love almost coming to fruition

Great to hear that Christchurch is rising from the ashes

Back