Cook Bros Cranks

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi Mates!

i can buy these; according to the current owner, these are Cook Bros Cranks,.is he right?

Afbeelding4-1.png

Afbeelding3-2.png

Afbeelding2-2.png

they are e-cranks but they need very special spacers to hold the spider on, if they don't come with them then you'll need to get some machined as they are not available anywhere

thanks!!

what would this be wurth? lets say it is complete...

found this on the internet about the e-crank

COOK BROS. "E" CRANK ARM SET

The Cook Bros. "E" series cranks are more traditional in their styling. They are machined from 7075-T6 billet aluminum. Unlike the other Cooks arm sets these have a rectangular cross section, not round, and the E cranks use a replaceable, user installed spider. At the pedal spindle, the arm is 27.83mm, it reduces above the pedal to 18.5mm. On the left arm, at the B/B spindle area widens to 37.5mm. The arms are 14.14mm thick at the pedal spindle and thicken to 26.4mm at the B/B spindle. The right arm has five round posts protruding from the back of the arm. These five posts are drilled and tapped for the inner fixing bolts to anchor in. The spider with the outer fixing bolt pattern drilled into it also slides over these five posts. Custom aluminum spacers used with the inner fixing bolts tighten down over the machined plate aluminum spider. The right arm has four stubby extensions that the posts are fastened to. The extensions lie perfectly over the spider. The posts incidentally are positioned so that only a 58mm bolt center diameter can be used for the inner chainring. There are three choices of Bolt center diameter for the spider, either a 94mm BCD or a 110mm BCD or a 130mm BCD. At the moment, the arms are made only in a 175mm length, Cooks believes that they may introduce a 181mm version in 1995. The arms come anodized in Blue, Black, Grey, Lavender or Silver. The standard spider with the 110mm BCD weighs 47 grams, the 94mm spider weighs 34.5 grams. The spiders are available in the same colors. We found the arms weighed 396.5 grams, and had a Bike- Pro Q measurement of 162mm. The inner steel bolts and aluminum spacers weighed 38.5 grams. The E crank set comes as right arm, left arm, spider, five steel inner fixing and the five custom aluminum spacers that hold the inner chainring and spider in place. Chainrings, the outer fixing bolt set, crank bolts, crank arm dust caps and will need to be purchased separately. Specify crank arm color, spider BCD pattern and spider color.

found this in another topic;

bushpig":3lxcn0qx said:
Here is a crank that's been too pretty to use, and it has never been used. Cranks are Cook E Series, granny gear and crank caps are Cook Bros, middle and big ring are Moonhead.

cranks-cb-e.jpg

i do not see where the spacer should go,... :roll:

I think they hold the spider into place along with the bolts .

price guide : from £60 upwards depending on the quality .

i can buy the set complete with 2 spiders for 30 euro's,..gonna pick them up tomorrow,..

They doesn't look minty mint. Much done on them I think. Looks like the dust by polishing is still present in the holes. Still 30 euro is good value.

Mammoet has a million Cook spiders. Maybe he has other bits for Cool as well.

Elev12k":3mtrdjmd said:
They doesn't look minty mint. Much done on them I think. Looks like the dust by polishing is still present in the holes. Still 30 euro is good value.

no, they are not minty,..but used.
Is there any way how I can make the brand name visible again?

Defiant":26yyvw52 said:
Elev12k":26yyvw52 said:

no, they are not minty,..but used.
Is there any way how I can make the brand name visible again?

these are indeed cook bros. racing E cranks.
I saw them on marktplaats as well.
pretty beat up and if you do not have the spacers only usable as a single/duo speed. But maybe you can fabricate some spacers on your own. I can measure mine and sent you the info if you need.

You need those spacers to attach the granny to the set to make it a complete 3 ring setup up. the spider is put on the back and fixated with the bolts that attach the spider and the granny. Those bolts are much longer than normal bolts so ask the seller if he has the spacers and the bolts.

about the decal/logo:
the "cook bros. racing" was laser edged and it looks on this set it has been polished away....
Gonna be a difficult job to get the name back on!

But if you polish them some more they can become very nice shiny cranks, even without the text on.

good luck!

Back