Campagnolo Euclid brake set

yedi

Dirt Disciple
Some heavy weight parts :). Brake handles are those "dog leg" models where tip can be turned so that you can brake with two fingers, outer or inner two. For more power you can use four fingers. Campy name for that feature was "Bio-Fitting". That brake handle can operate two brakes, it has places for two cables. Does anyone know for what that feature was used?

Size compared to M730 brake lever. Weight of Campy 285 gr, M730 160 gr w/o rubber hood.

Attachments

• EuclidUBrakeSet.jpg
    EuclidUBrakeSet.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 4,108
  • handlesCampShim.jpg
    handlesCampShim.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 4,108
yedi":ska7zvk5 said:
That brake handle can operate two brakes, it has places for two cables. Does anyone know for what that feature was used?

Yes

I once bought a Chessini. It was build with full Euclid and suspension fork by REG. Italy all the way! It has a cantis in the front and 2(!) Euclid U-brake alike brakes at the rear. One lever operated the 2 U-brakes. Yes, I am serious.

Edit: By closer look at your pics I must say that one of my levers also had 2 adjuster barrels. By replacing the steel bit (incl the barrel) you can probably make your lever compatable with 2 brakes. What you see now they probably integrated in the design to make the modification able.

Elev12k":227t3h1e said:
Yes

I once bought a Chessini. It was build with full Euclid and suspension fork by REG. Italy all the way!

Sounds a real beauty, do you still have it?

Elev12k":227t3h1e said:
It has a cantis in the front and 2(!) Euclid U-brake alike brakes at the rear. One lever operated the 2 U-brakes. Yes, I am serious.

Those dudes have been quite serious with braking power!

yedi":2tf87r8k said:
Elev12k":2tf87r8k said:
Yes

I once bought a Chessini. It was build with full Euclid and suspension fork by REG. Italy all the way!

Sounds a real beauty, do you still have it?

Yes, you can be sure that was a beauty once ...but when I bought it it was already several years in use by a little girl who went to school with it. It wasn't exactly minty when I picked it up. Good thing is that the price tag reflected that pretty well... 20 euro

Took some hours polishing, but I saved quite a lot parts though! The headset is shiny and performing really well at my Grove, the cranks are awesome (heavy too btw), the cable carriers are absolutely among the coolest I've ever seen (on my Pansonic MC-Comp now). Front mech and wheelset were saved and are in great condition too.

...BUT the fork literally fell in pieces when removed the crown race :roll: The frame was nice and had a lot nice detailling. Needed a repaint though. I gave it away to a collector.

I've got a matching NOS bottom bracket for sale if you're interested? :)
campageuclidnos.jpg

its 140mm long!

I've got these as well. both campag, 1 with bearings & cups, other just a bare axle.
campagBBs.jpg

I think these are 110mm long, but I'll need to check! PM if interested :)

Back