DA 25th Anniversary

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
Not sure if this is retro or not, it's pretty sweet nonetheless. Currently stashed in the attic. My biggest indulgence. If it can be ridden it can be justified!

ya3vni.jpg

ya3vnx.jpg

25th anniversary Dura Ace... sweet. A bike shop owner I know has the original Koga Miyata 25th anniversary special edition road race bike with complete 25th D.Ace and othe limited anniversary parts...

Theo":30k1cpq7 said:
25th anniversary Dura Ace... sweet. A bike shop owner I know has the original Koga Miyata 25th anniversary special edition road race bike with complete 25th D.Ace and othe limited anniversary parts...

It's amazingly nice, almost like jewellrey. Picked it up cheap with the intention of making a quick buck on it, couldn't part with it as it turned out.

I'd be interested to see a pic of that Koga Miyata 25th, Koga was a brand we never really got here in the UK. In fact the only reason I'm even aware of it was there sponsering of Greg 'H-Ball' Herbold for a number of years.

Bit late, but here it is:

25th720.jpg

Article is in Dutch, but here is a brief summary: 1980 FullPro meets 1999 FullPro LimitedEdition. LE celebrating Koga Miyata's 25th anniversary. 100 made. Frame: Tange steel, lugged, brazed with silver. At the same time the Dura Ace groupset celebrates its 25th anniversary. 6000 of those groupsets made, all numbered. No 2500 up to 2599 went to Koga for this FullPro LE. Frame, seat all feature the same number, so numbering starts at 2500. Furthermore: Label '1974-1999' on the Conti tires, laser engraved rims, stem and gold coloured bar. Bike also came with waterbottles describing Koga timeline, clothing, CD-Rom, watch (part of the groupset), book on Dura Ace history and the Dura Ace suitcase.
Price of this all approx 4600 euros in 1999. Bike weights 8 kgs.

wow.

Never knew there was a 25th DA set. Looks lovely in those cases. Almost seems a shame to use.

They would be a good talking point for a Christmas party, left open in the box. Either that or people would think your wierd ;)

Rutteger, thought you might like this...

Here is an advert out of one of my old wholesale catalogues when the DA 25th group came out...

Cool scan Rody.

gump":2c64k089 said:
Never knew there was a 25th DA set. Looks lovely in those cases. Almost seems a shame to use.

I'll never use it now....

Back