Fonud in the Trash Part II

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Crusing down my alley admiring the 2 feet of snow on the ground when I saw a handlebar sticking out of a dumpster. Certainly not above digging around in the trash, so I pulled out this:

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

DSCN1521.jpg

I dont know what it is about Specialized in this town... people keep throwing them away! The Manitous are virtually worthless. Elastomer stack removed long ago.. suppose I could rebuild but worth it? Score on the M900 cranks. 1" Specialized headset and Hyperlites are nice too...

This sucker is small... 19" top tube and 13.5" seat tube. Anyone with a year?

Dhphat":2fb71c0c said:
do you see that massive crack in the cranks?

:LOL: Forgot to edit my post. Saw that, got all bummed, and then realized it was just a piece of string. Trust me, no crack

The Hyper's may clean up with a drop of Brasso or T-Cut, but the Manitou's are sha**ed and the cranks are cracked.
Frame looks ok, but needs TLC. Age, I would put it at 93/94??

ameybrook":2so4ieku said:
Dhphat":2so4ieku said:

:LOL: Forgot to edit my post. Saw that, got all bummed, and then realized it was just a piece of string. Trust me, no crack

Alright thats good. is it a M900 bb cause thats a great find if thats the case.

ameybrook":1paj6k7g said:
Dhphat":1paj6k7g said:

Even if it was cracked, you've still ended up with a free Stumpy and Hyper!

As its not cracked, double bonus!

That's so great.

As I've said before, please can I come and live there.

Such a shame the British are only one rung up the imigration desirabilty stakes ladder above the Tal*ban.

:cry:

i think i have the same stumpy i. e. a purple one from 1992. but this one looks very small and is seriously pimped (XTR cranks, manitou 1, hyperlites). stem, dx breaks and headset look original. you can see the original setup in one of the catalogues on mtb-kataloge.de
btw. i'm sure the manitou can be revived.

Back