precision/pauls

steviebexplosif

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi everyone, im lookin for a red( must be red ) precision or pauls rear mech, whats the difference i sometimes see precision with precision etched on the arm sometimes without and also i sometimes, see the rear cage drilled whats the difference or why, why all the different options. how good the shifting compared to my xtr m900.

The big differences are that Paul's and Precision Billet are two different companies so their products are different, the other issue is that precision changed their mech over the years from an angular one with holes and sharp edges to a more finished looking one. All are really nice looking, all attract big price tags but then not so big compared to a new XTR or Dura Ace Dii or Campa ESP.
As far as functionality, they are never going to be as good as shimano and they lack some key features such as floating top jockey wheels (although that can be altered quickly and they are made of a very soft alloy. You can get them to work well if you are careful but you will find the need for regular maintainence is higher than with a shimano.

Back