New bits with a retro theme.

breezerboy

Retro Guru
Ok, so I know this is a 2006 rear mech, but I thought you may like it as it has more than a hint of the Pauls rear mech I could never afford about it.

It's a special one off for my new Whyte E5 to give it a bit of a nod to retroness. An absolute bitch to strip/rebuild, but I think worth every cut, scrape and obsenity involved.

rastakit.jpg

ummmmmmm

It's rude to ask, didn't you know?

Lets just say, friend of a friend and a bit (actually a few hours) of hard work made it cheaper than a new XTR, including the donor mech (needed a few scrapes polishing out due to hitting a rock prior to dissassembly, but still perfectly straight).

The anodising would actually be quite cheap (change from £20), but the labour would be close to 3 figures if you didn't do it yourself.

Believe it or not, I got the mech done 1st, THEN went and got the (reverse rasta) King headset to match.

Now that's an idea!

So, anyone out there got green nipples going spare?

I've got plenty of gold, red, and black, but can't find green anywhere.

Come on....... I only need 16.

Sorted already thanks to a very nice man on Bikebiz (FOC as well).

It's here

Ok, so I know it's only a retro theme, not a retro bike as such.

But having ordered it August '05 the Whyte E5 has finally arrived and got the rasta treatment. And my god what a bike! I now have something to ride again when it's too muddy for the Breezer or just too damn scary on the Evans. (I know I've got an STS as well, but the spin trispokes are a little scary on the rocky stuff and I've heard too many scare stories of frames snapping too push it too hard).

Anyway, the lights are charged so I'm off out again.

New bike with a retro theme

Again, apologies for the newness (most shops don't even get these for another month).

rastakit001.jpg

RASTA HEADSET, REAR MECH, CHAINRING BOLTS.
BLUE ALLOY NIPPLES AND BOLTS (BLUE ANODISED TI BOLTS ON STEM & DISCS)
Rasta nipples may come later, but I just want to ride it too much to strip the wheels again now.

rastakit008.jpg

SALSA GRIPS - SAME AS ON THE BREEZER, BUT LOCK ON.
rastakit003.jpg

rastakit007.jpg

OK, NOT TO EVERYONES TASTE, BUT I COULDN'T RESIST. DEFINATELY DIFFERENT TO THE OLD COW HIDE SDG's.

Back