MachineTech ''Open'' Ahead stem

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Hi,

Nice :cool:

They were std equipment on the 96&97MY Koga SkyExpension. In their brochure it was simply called MachineTech ''Open'' Ahead...

I have one of those somewhere. It's missing that aluminium (?) insert where the head tube enters the stem.

Can you give me the dimensions for that piece - I think i might see if I can get one machined.

Length & wall thickness should suffice.

Just let me kow if you measured by eye, trusty tape measure, calipers or micrometer :D

I have a prototype version of that, it clamps onto the steerer at the back with a pair of bolts, doesnt look as slick as that one...

and the ally extension bit is just a 1" to 1 1/8" shim is it not? it is on mine anyhoo...

Ta, theboy

Ah, I assumed it was part of the stem

Can someone post a pic of the bolt that does the clamping duties to the steerer tube. I had a look earlier & I'm missing that bit as well.

Cheers

Crell":3ub0i8ur said:
I have one of those somewhere. It's missing that aluminium (?) insert where the head tube enters the stem.

Can you give me the dimensions for that piece - I think i might see if I can get one machined.

Length & wall thickness should suffice.

Just let me kow if you measured by eye, trusty tape measure, calipers or micrometer :D

This should do it:

main.php

main.php

main.php

theboy":1kipy8nl said:
I have a prototype version of that, it clamps onto the steerer at the back with a pair of bolts, doesnt look as slick as that one...

Like this one? Looks pretty slick IMHO:

main.php

Crell":2vrrjkxk said:
Ah, I assumed it was part of the stem

I think you do need to use it due to the shape of the stem. Bottom of the stem needs to sit flush to the headset/spacers, but the bottom of the stem is all curvy meaning that it won't unless you use the shim type thing, or am I wrong?

pete_mcc":3baies1i said:
think you do need to use it due to the shape of the stem. Bottom of the stem needs to sit flush to the headset/spacers, but the bottom of the stem is all curvy meaning that it won't unless you use the shim type thing, or am I wrong?

You're exactly right. It is essentially a headset spacer integral to the stem design so it will sit flush to the headset.

Latest posts

Back