corratec pedals. any good?

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I got my hands on a set on nearly new Corratec spd pedals. They look a lot like the Onza pedal. And works the same way - just with a steelplate as a spring and not the rubbers. And they are really light too. Mtbr.com talkes about lightest pedal when they were made ( in the titanium version)

My question is. Do they work with shimano cleats and how do those of you that have tried them consider their funcionallity.

Cheers

never tried them with Shimano cleats when I used them BITD.

ti version is lightweight and within weightweenies a common and cheap method to loose weight (used pedals fetch arround € 30 on ebay)

you have to get used to the "feel" when steppin in and out, but once you are in, they are fine.

I would use them mainly for reducing weight on a bike which I use only occasionaly - you cant beat Shimano pedals in terms of comfort and longlastingness :)

magas":3svve4oa said:
never tried them with Shimano cleats when I used them BITD.

ti version is lightweight and within weightweenies a common and cheap method to loose weight (used pedals fetch arround € 30 on ebay)

you have to get used to the "feel" when steppin in and out, but once you are in, they are fine.

I would use them mainly for reducing weight on a bike which I use only occasionaly - you cant beat Shimano pedals in terms of comfort and longlastingness :)

I second your comment on shimano longlastness - even though I roll on Time pedals these days. But the Corretec looks kind of nice. So I will fit them on my Kona that is used only a few times a year (too little frame).

If anybody know if you have to get soecial cleats or they will work with shimano I will still like to hear from you.

my Corratec pedals came with specific cleats which dont look like SPD cleats at all - thicker and broader, so I assume that the SPD cleats are not designed for use with them.

If you want I can take a pic. of the cleats, side by side.

magas":3or5tj9z said:
my Corratec pedals came with specific cleats which dont look like SPD cleats at all - thicker and broader, so I assume that the SPD cleats are not designed for use with them.

If you want I can take a pic. of the cleats, side by side.

That would be really nice of you.

alientm":2lv8ft9m said:

Corratec Easy Click Ti weight about 245gram (2 pedals)
Corratec Easy Click Cro-mo weight about 290gram (2 pedals)
Bears 5x11x4 MR115ZZ (very chip)

This pedals are easy to tune, Ti version can weight about 180 gram !

look http://forum.mountainbike.be/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Thanks for the link and the informative pictures. Mine looks just like the red ones that are trimmed down on the link.

Do you happen to know if anyone have some of the original cleats for sale?

Back